The Container Store’s multi-purpose container would be the only organizing item I could bring with me to a deserted isle. There’s no doubt that I am a big fan of these bins because they can be used so many different ways! If you click on the link to view the video I will show you 52 (!!!) You can organize anything with the multi-purpose bin! Although I could have continued, I felt that I ran out time at 52.
These can be used in any room (including the garage) of your home. You can start with my favourite place and a few items.
Multi-purpose bins help organize office clutter, including papers and other small items.
- Avery stickers/labels– it’s almost like they were made for these!
- Poly envelopes
The Craft or Sewing Room
These bins can be used in many places, including my mom’s sewing room. They are also great for my kids’ games/toys/crafts closet and my own craft closet. The bins are designed to hold:
- Fabric– my mom turns hers on their sides and stacks her fabric inside, so not only is the fabric visible on the shelf, but she can easily pull a whole stack out using the bin handles and take it to her cutting table.
- Patterns– they fit perfectly inside!
- Works-in-Progress– use zipper pouches/poly envelopes to store these, and then corral them in a bin!
- Fabric Scraps
- Chalk Couture supplies
- Party supplies– crepe paper, etc.
Toys, games, and kids’ crafts
It simplifies the cleanup for children. If there is a bin for every type of toy they can just throw it back into the bin and clean up is done! The less detail you include in organizing your kids, the easier it will be (and more likely!) It is easier (and more likely!) for them to clean up when you give them less details!
This is my son’s toy and video game closet. I did not clean it. The labels on the bins help my children to stay organized when it comes time to clean up.
- Light-Brite and other supplies
- Activity Books
- Sticker Books
- Watercolor/painting Supplies
- Magnet Tiles
- Doll Clothes
- Coloring supplies– crayons and coloring books
Kitchen and Pantry
Multi-purpose Bins shine in this area! Use them to organize your pantry. Even if you’re not a perfectionist, your pantry will look so much better. The bins will also prevent things from falling through your wire shelves if you use them.
More Reading: Getorganizedhq.com